GENERAL DESCRIPTION:The Structured Cabling Technician position perform the installation of commercial network and Low Voltage Infrastructure wiring. Educate customers on the proper use of all installed equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer.
- Perform New Commercial Data, Voice, Fiber Optic and Paging cabling installations.
- Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
- Perform Customer Instruction on System Operation and Functionality.
- Perform System Testing and Signal Verification.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic to advanced technical skills and knowledge of telecommunications industry and/oar installation including voice, data and video structured cabling systems.
- Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred. Must be interested and able to attain these licenses and certifications.
- A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including installation, trouble shooting and service.
- Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation. Experience in communications cabling is strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great "follower"
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
Connectivity Point Design and Installation is a fast-growing technology company providing design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment. Our professional services fall into five major disciplines: Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems. Established in 2002, this Maine based business has more than 175 employees and has performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for seven years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties, as necessary. - Revised Nov 2020
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.