GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Connectivity Point Design & Installation has a current full time opening for a Construction Accounting Manager at our corporate office in Auburn Maine. The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in construction and financial reporting and will
be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, maintain project related records, including
contracts and change orders. The Construction Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Finance on
developing strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization.
- Must be a strong and organized leader with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and
- analyzing job cost budget variance.
- Work with Purchasing department to verify project costs are approved and processed effectively.
- Close out job costing efficiently post completion and publish final costing reports.
- Communicate with project management staff on a routine basis. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the
- company's value.
- Respond to Director of Finance with accurate and timely work to facilitate his/her financial needs.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in job cost accounting or Construction Management with increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform accounting and financial functions and analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Sage Software solutions knowledge is a plus.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for seven years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties, as necessary. - Revised Nov 2020