GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Connectivity Point Design & Installation has a current full time opening for a Construction Accounting Manager at our corporate office in Auburn Maine. The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in construction and financial reporting and will be accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, maintain project related records, including contracts and change orders. The Construction Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Finance on developing strategies and plans for the long-term financial goals of the organization.
- Must be a strong and organized leader with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost budget variance.
- Work with Purchasing department to verify project costs are approved and processed effectively.
- Close out job costing efficiently post completion and publish final costing reports.
- Communicate with project management staff on a routine basis. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to Director of Finance with accurate and timely work to facilitate his/her financial needs.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in job cost accounting or Construction Management with increasing levels of responsibility
- Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform accounting and financial functions and analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Sage Software solutions knowledge is a plus.
Connectivity Point Design and Installation is a fast-growing technology company providing design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment. Our professional services fall into five major disciplines: Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems. Established in 2002, this Maine based business has more than 175 employees and has performed work in 44 states and 24 countries.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for seven years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties, as necessary. – Revised Jan 2021
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.