GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Audio-Visual Technician position is responsible for performing the configuring, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of various audio-visual systems. To minimize commuting time, this person would preferably live in the southern Maine, south/eastern New Hampshire, or north/eastern Massachusetts area.
- Install a wide range of audio/visual systems from prints, one-line drawings or written scopes of work.
- Equipment rack cabling and field termination of various cable types.
- Solid understanding of control systems, video conferencing equipment, and audio equalization.
- Use applicable testing equipment to troubleshoot problems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs.
- Read prints and scopes of work provided by management.
- Minimum of two (2) years of installing audio/visual equipment and support from multiple manufacturers.
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Basic written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team
- Willingness to be a positive leader and a great "follower"
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Must hold a valid driver license and clean driving record.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for seven years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties, as necessary. - Revised Nov 2020