GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Audio/Visual Estimator is responsible for being the subject matter expert working with both the Account Executive and
the Operations team to ensure the design and installation of the system is executed as expected and agreed upon with the
customer ensuring a high level of customer service and profitability. This position can be performed remotely after a
- Partnering with the Account Executive meet with client(s) either in person or by video to perform needs analysis and develop Scope of Design.
- Create comprehensive Scope of Work including BOM and labor required to implement design.
- Work with Vendors and Account Executive to obtain the best pricing for products included in system design.
- In addition to Design/Build have experience with Bid spec. work. Schools a plus.
- Work with Operations team to create and update project installation documents using Visio, Excel, and/or CAD as needed.
- Participate in Kick off and Onsite project implementation meetings either in person or over video.
- Travel as necessary. This may include overnight travel out of state via planes/trains/automobile.
- Have ability to work independently and be task oriented.
- Work with PM or Field Engineer to create change orders when project work outside of scope is required.
- Act as SME for onsite team as required.
- Participate in customer construction status calls/meetings as required.
- Assist with end user training on newly installed systems if needed.
- Strengthen customer relationships by being responsible, accurate, helpful, and trustworthy.
- Proactively look for opportunities to provide more value-add services to customers.
- Assist with maintaining customer profiles and standards documents to ensure accuracy.
- Provide remote technical support for out-of-market technicians in the field as needed.
- Assist with ensuring customer profile documents are maintained and updated.
- Stay up to date on AV technologies and installation practices.
- Work with the rest of the AV team to evaluate new products and services.
- Perform other assigned duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with a minimum 5-year minimum industry experience in audiovisual system sales, management, service, or installation; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid audio-visual system industry experience including sales, service, project management and/or installation of control
- systems, audio systems, codec-based video conferencing systems as well as software codec systems. (Microsoft Teams,
- Zoom etc.).
- Ability to edit and create various manufacturer control systems (Extron, Crestron, Biamp, etc.)
- Ability to follow blueprints, notes, and specifications to meets the job requirements.
- Above average written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and focused attention to detail.
- Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
- Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Strong teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision-making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for seven years in a row, Connectivity Point is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages and generous employee benefits including paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), group medical, dental, disability and life insurance, and 401K retirement plan with a company match.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties, as necessary. - Revised Nov 2020