When evaluating your existing system and investing in new or upgrading existing equipment, it is important to know what to take into consideration. Answering the following questions will prepare you to present your A/V needs internally, as well as compile the initial information required by your A/V installation partner.
Assess your current A/V space(s):
• What is the size of the space and how are you currently using it?
• How do you want to use the space in the future? (display presentation, speaker presentation, training room, video conferencing)
• How many people do you typically have in the room? How many connecting remotely?
• Do you use Teams, Zoom, WebEx or Google for virtual meetings? Do you use a conference bridge phone? Include your service provider for internet and voice.
• What type of existing furniture do you have in the room? (conference table, moveable tables, cable cubby in table)
Assess your current A/V system/equipment (displays, screen projectors, etc.):
• What do you have for existing equipment?
• Who installed the equipment, and when?
• What are common complaints or frustrations with the equipment?
• What equipment do you want to keep? What do you want to replace?
• Does your A/V partner provide local service when you may have an issue or question?
• Do you currently have a service agreement in place, and/or would you be looking for a service agreement in the future?
• What is your budget & timeline? Include any important events or milestones to hit.
• Who should be involved in the decision-making or integration process? (network IT person, partner and/or department)
View/download the A/V checklist here.